Madonna Scores 21st Guinness World Records Title
Madonna has added another Guinness World Records (2014 Edition) title to her collection.
Madonna’s MDNA tour visited 67 cities for 88 performances that grossed $296.1 million, an average of $4.4 million a night, Pollstar’s data show. Her average ticket price was just more than $140, far from the priciest concert tickets of the year. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band came in at No. 2, grossing $210.2 million from 81 shows in 66 cities on the Wrecking Ball tour. Springsteen sold more tickets than Madonna — nearly 2.3 million to her 2.1 million — but at significantly lower ticket prices. Seats for Springsteen’s shows averaged just less than $92.
In May 2013, it was announced that Madonna would be honored with the Top Touring Award at the Billboard Music Awards. Madonna currently hold 20 Guinness world records and here some highlights :-
- Top-Selling Female Recording Artist (2011)- 200 million records worldwide
- The Female Artist with The Most #1 singles in the UK- 9th Number Ones
- The Artist with The Most #1 Dvd's in the US- (Celebration is her last DVD topped the Chart)
- The Highest Grossing Tour for a Solo Artist of All Time (Sticky & Sweet Tour 2009)
- The Most Costume Changes in a film Evita (more than 300)
- The World's Most Successful Female Musician (2007)
- Highest Paid Female Singer (2006)
- Biggest TV audience for the Super Bowl half-time show (2013)
- Top Highest-Grossing Tour (MDNA Tour 2012)
Incomparable, untouchable, unachievable success by any other than Queen, Icon, Legend...Madonna!