Ricky Martin to Oprah: 'I came out for the sake of my kids'

According to MTV, Ricky Martin spoke to Oprah about his personal journey with his sexuality, and how coming out on his own terms was very important to him. (As we all know, there was a ton of speculation that he was gay, but he admitted that the media's focus on it only made him reject the fact even more).



Ricky is a single father to 2-year-old twin sons named Valentino and Matteo who were born via surrogate. For years, Grammy winner Ricky Martin faced an inner struggle with his sexuality. Now, he says he's a fortunate gay man. Ricky talks about hitting rock bottom. Plus, why Ricky and Oprah say the world would change if everyone who is gay comes out.

Ricky told Oprah during their interview that he is a “fortunate homosexual man"! He said when he first came out, he felt “numb” and then he felt “relieved.” Then it really hit him: ”When I realized, okay, I just pressed send, whoo … I was alone. I was in my studio alone for a minute. My assistant walked in and I just started crying like a little baby. I started crying.”

”I couldn’t take it anymore. It was too painful. But I guess the most important thing is my children … When I was holding them in my arms I was like, ‘What, am I gonna teach them how to lie?’ Whoa, that is my blessing right there. Then, when I was holding my children I said, ‘Okay, it’s time to tell the world.’

Read more at: http://greginhollywood.com