How would you describe TRUE friendship?

"Enemy back stabs you but 'friend' often stabs you infront..."- anonymous.





Friendship is much beyond drinking, go shopping, cooking, playing pool and sharing good moments together (avoid convenience friends). It is when someone comes to rescue you from the worst phase of life, grow with you and except you the way you are (no competition here or ask you to do something stupid that can jeopardize your life, reputation and bring you down)

Friendship is eternal. Friendship is pure without pre-conditions. Unfortunately, it is hard to fine that "pure and eternal" goodness in people or 'friend'. Lover can become enemy. Husband becomes stranger. Angel turns satan. Voice sounds like noise. Attraction becomes ugliness and pure distraction.

Personally, I don't have many but I know only few who I could ask for shoulder to cry on if I desperately need them. I guess only 2-3 friends that I could think of. I have lost so many 'friends' for the past 10 years. I am hoping to have more but....

How many best friends you have now? How many of them are willing to go extra miles for you if you need them? What criteria are you looking for from a friend? Just because someone happens to go the same gym or share the same parking area with you doesn't mean she/he is ready to take your call.

Sad but true..